Sunday, August 17, 2008

Just us Girls!

It's been awhile now, but all of us girls just went to Prince Edward Island (P.E.I). Talk about fun!  We of course we're the loudest people in the airport and created quite the scene.  It's no wonder the boys didn't want to come.

"I think I would probably come to the conclusion that I'd like it for awhile...but in the end, I'd still prefer the sound of the wind in the firs across the brook than the tinkling of crystal." Anne ShirleyThis picture was taken from a moving vehicle...pretty good huh? But this was the view everywhere you looked.  The scenery was amazing.  I loved it when Sarah let us venture away from the Anne of Green Gable sights and see the ocean, sand dunes and wetlands!

I wish I were rich, and could spend the whole summer at a hotel, eating ice cream and chicken salad." Diana
I'm with Diana.  I love ice cream, and I'm pretty sure they have the best ice cream in the world, and believe me I've tasted a lot of ice cream.  Our favorite treat was Cow's ice cream. They had flavors such as Walnut Moople, Mooie Gooie, Wowy Cowy...this contributed to our 10 lb weight gain, and the fact that my pants no longer fit.  But it was so worth it!
"Ruby Gillis says when she grows up, she want to have a line of beaus on a string and make them crazy for her.  I'd rather have ONE in his rightful mind" Anne

Well, while we're still looking for one in their right mind I'm glad we took the time to be together, it is seriously one of the best places to visit.  And although our airport experience could very well have been "...the most tragical thing that has ever happened to me [us]." Anne (this could be blog all of it's own) It was super FUN!!!!
-Jeni

2 comments:

Sorenson family trio said...

I am an Ice cream fan also. There is nothing like a good bowel of icecream. I am glad you had such a fun trip.
Gina

Becca S. said...

I can't believe that you didn't want to spend the ENTIRE time paying homage to Anne and Lucy! It looks beautiful there and it sounds like you guys had a great time. I am so glad. Now that having fun is out of your system you should come visit us sometime or call and let us know when you're not busy so we can come visit you!